July 20, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 06:17 PM

Default Will be in North Conway June 16th to the 23rd

Dear Board,

I think it's been about 5 years since I posted here? I travel several times a year to New Hampshire with my wife to visit family and friends but I never get a chance to fish because we are always visiting family.

This year is different. Theresa and I rented a cabin on Lake Conway and we are going there ourselves. We expect to have family and friends visit but I will actually get a chance to wet a line this time!

I'll fish for anything that swims and will probably bring a 3wt, a 5 wt and a 7/8wt. I plan on fishing Lake Conway for bass and panfish. I know the Saco River is nearby and is a trout river. But after that I have no clue?

I'm not looking for what rock to stand on one and which way to cast, but if anyone can point me towards lakes and streams to explore I'd welcome that. Theresa enjoys fishing too and I am probably going to bring two float tubes along as well.

In addition to fishing if anyone can suggest any sites or views for someone who has never been north of Lake Sunapee to check out I'd appreciate that as well. I enjoy nature and bird photography along with fishing and places where that is a possibility would be good.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA
Old 05-22-2018, 10:56 PM

The Saco River by River Road in Conway would be a good bet. Gets stocked a ton. Besides that there isn't a ton except small native brookie streams.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM

Check in w/ North Country Angler - he’ll tell you what is fishing well, where to go, etc. Patronizing the shop would also be nice.
As for hikes, check out the AMC (Appalachian mountain club) web site. Will have info on hikes/views of all types and levels. You could also visit them up in Pinkham Notch and get ideas directly from them.
You could also take the Mt Washington Auto Road to the top... On a clear day it’s wonderful.

Last edited by Northeast Brookie; 05-22-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:23 AM

x2 for North Country Angler and the Mt. Washington Auto Road.

Check your private messages ...
Old 05-23-2018, 09:40 PM

Default Thank you!

Dear Board,

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll be sure to hit the Saco in the morning to avoid tubers and such. I'll definitely check out the North Country Angler too. Now all I need to do is pray for decent weather! Our Spring has been a bit wet and hope the weather doesn't follow me or else I might get run out of town.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA