PDA

View Full Version : Yes!!!!!!

Salter
03-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Just scored a bag of Pintail flank feathers.Very hard to come by lately.Gonna tie up some Joe's smelt!

TGIF
03-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Very nice!!!! I just tied a dozen but had to settle for using mallard flank. It works, but I had to pick through a lot of flank feathers in order to find 12 that were long enough to enevelop a #6 streamer hook (4-8 xl).

Enjoy!!!! Any chance you'll divulge the source?

TGIF

Salter
03-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Friend of mine lives in Texas.He's a duck hunter with orders that I get all the pintail feathers he gets from hunting.First one he's got in three years.Out of the whole bag I pulled out thirty-three usable feathers.

TGIF
03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow... 33 Joe's Smelt, that'll make for a fine spring... lets see some pics when you've got them spun up.

TGIF

Mountain Angler
03-03-2008, 01:59 PM
At the risk of being of be accused as a crass capitalist, I have a limited supply of very hight quality pintail. If interested call or email.

TGIF
03-03-2008, 02:39 PM
No harm in being a capitalist... Unfortunately, I've now got a dozen "knock offs", which rounded out my streamer box so I'm in good shape, but someone should jump on those. Thanks Steve...

P.S. Any photos of the pink fly offerings? I wasn't able to make it to the show...