PDA

View Full Version : Early season stonefly

flytire
03-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Anybody have a good early season dark stonefly pattern they would like to share?

Photo and recipe would help!

fessiewig
03-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Dry, nymph or both? Personally, I'd like to see a good nymph.

PW
03-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Norm,

Nice page! Great reference for midge patterns. Our paths might have crossed. We both had a cigar and chatted for a bit at Steep Bank Pool. It was 3yrs ago in June. I saw your picture and you look like the guy. I do remember who ever it was had Conn plates.

Paul-

flytire
03-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Norm,

Nice page! Great reference for midge patterns. Our paths might have crossed. We both had a cigar and chatted for a bit at Steep Bank Pool. It was 3yrs ago in June. I saw your picture and you look like the guy. I do remember who ever it was had Conn plates.

Paul-

Paul,

I have never smoked a cigar in my life and since my heart attack in '95 I have quit smoking everything. Havent had a cigarette since. :)

It probably wasnt me since I dont even know where this Steep Bank Pool is or even in what state! :)

Maybe we'll meet sometime, somewhere! :)

Thanks for liking the flies.

PW
03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Norm,

You must have a twin out there! He sure looked like you, anyways, Steep Bank pool is on the Kennebago River in Rangeley, ME

Paul-

PW
03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Norm,

Another question, Ever run into my brother-in-law Joe Kiley at EB?

flytire
03-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Nobody ties stoneflies? Oh well thanks for your help.

fessiewig
03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I tie Stoneflies, but they are the standards. Small brown stone for early season. If that interests you I'd be glad to post the pattern, but you'll find it in many pattern books. I assumed you were looking for some unknown or special deviations from the standards.