PDA

View Full Version : Intermediate Fly Tying Clinic - BuckTail Streamers

UVO
09-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Hello All,

I want to announce that UVO in conjuction with Ty Mercier, will be holding it's first intermediate fly tying clinic on Sat. Oct 20th from 1-4:00pm here at the shop in Lebanon.

Ty Mercier has been tying flies comercially since the 80's, and is the winner of numerous fly tying awards. It is my pleasure to invite you to a relaxed, informative, and fun afternoon, learning some tricks of the trade from Ty. He will be specifically covering NE style bucktail streamers. Now I know what some of you may be thinking, "I got that. They are an easy tie." Well me too, untill I spent a little time with Ty and really looked at what goes into material selection, winding bodies, proper proportions, and building those perfect thread heads with painted eyes. I thought mine were pretty good till Ty showed up.

We will provide material for the afternoon, you just need your tools and vices, and a willingness to learn. This is an intermediate course, so knowledge of thread work, and materials is a must. Cost is $40 per person. Space is limited, so call soon to reserve a space. 603-727-9305

Thanks
Steve Cole - Owner, Upper Valley Outfitters.