November 14, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Off Topic

Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 PM

Default Sad Story

On May 28th my cousin's son Eric was married to the love of his life. My wife and I attended the wedding, and it was special in a couple of ways. It was the first social event my wife has been able to attend since she became ill. Second, in 1948. I was the ring bearer at Eric's late grandfathers wedding. Kathy, who was the flower girl at that wedding was also there. A special and joyous day for all of us.

Today, while I was fishing, I received a cell phone call, and was informed that Mike had drowned in Frenchman's Bay, ME, while taking one last kayak ride on the last day of his honeymoon. Eric was working toward his Phd at UMass medical school, studying under a Nobel Prize winner. He was working across the street from the hospital, and took time out of his schedule to visit my wife while she was hospitalized there. Eric and his beautiful bride are very special people.....full of joy and hope, until yesterday. The planet is poorer without him.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Once again, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...a young life ended way to soon...
Old 06-21-2011, 08:19 AM

So young, certainly this is a tragedy. He was wearing a PFD also. Condolences to his family, friends and new wife. Flyfish you have certainly had your share of hardships this year.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/06/20/news/hancock/massachusetts-kayaker-who-drowned-was-honeymooning-at-hancock-point/?ref=mostReadBox