December 10, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2018, 03:07 PM

Default Use glFussion software for the site

Hi Sean

Here is my suggestion for a better site, use glFusion as you engine for the site. This is what I have been using for many years. Good support and very easy to use. Gives you features like a photo album for each user, forum, articles and much more. Go to my site and see whats there, you don't have to register to look around. I am willing to help get the site up and running and maintain it. Sean let me know what you thing, please PM me with your ideas.
Thanks
Lee
Old 10-02-2018, 05:43 PM

I recently posted a report on the Maine Fly Fish forum, I didn't even bother post it here. To put into perspective how more active that site is here's the link to that report:

https://www.maineflyfish.com/forums/...new-hampshire/
Old 10-06-2018, 10:21 PM

Thanks for posting the link. Well worth looking at your Maine northwoods adventure.

Concerning your measure of activity, I am post #23 or 24 on this string. Your post on MeFF thus far has garnered 18 (a half a dozen of which are your comments to other posters). Kinda like Uptown here.

The comparison doesn't seem to bear negatively for this forum. Perhaps it is simply the title of this thread that inclines in a downward directio.

I below to a shrinking Massachusetts forum (in some ways similar to this one). However, there remain here a stalwart few die hards who still enjoy posting stories and pics regardless of the fact that trends in social media are drifting away from forum like this one.

I encourage we hold the line, and not buckle under rumor or innuendo of decline. Keep posting, and commenting. I, for one, vicariously enjoy the adventures posted and appreciate the time and energy taken to compose and construct the presentation.

To those still reading, I say thank you for your contributions.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Default Use glFussion software for the site

This site is dead, since I last was in, about a week there has been 10 posts, and as I write this I am the only one login, even when you are kept loggedin for an hour. This site needs help and glFusion would produce a much better site. Someone needs to let Sean know what I have proposed.
Thanks
Lee
Old 11-19-2018, 06:14 AM

Ah, Lee... we love you, but you will never change.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:06 AM

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Lee !
Facebook has killed these sites, I preferred the website format, I only use facebook when absolutely necessary ( kids sports etc.). I am still fishing though, that will never change
Old 11-22-2018, 06:48 PM

happy thanksgiving everyone. I don't think the site is dead, just slowing down a bit due to ,..... life . I have got a new (better) job and is longer days .so down time is rare. with everything else we home owners have to do, with a family. I do check in ( not always log in ) and have got lots of good tips and help from people here. I hope this site will stay around for a long time as it is a great place for tips,info and help when you need it. besides , with the temps in the single numbers and the wind... fishing is not high on my list. well, not today. BUT LOOK. I am here checking it out....