October 23, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2018, 06:15 PM

Default A Question re: NH lead law

Hello All...

I live in NW Pennsylvania and we will be taking a couple weeks vacation soon to come to New England to do the tourist thing, etc. I am an ardent fly angler both for trout and smallmouth and was hoping somebody could clarify current New Hampshire fishing law as relates to weighted flies, etc. For smallies, I use a lot of Clouser Minnows with painted lead dumbbell eyes and well as Holschlag Hackle flies which are weighted in the same way.

Are these flies legal for me to use in New Hampshire inland waters? I haven't really been able to find a clear answer anywhere online so far and would greatly appreciate any guidance you folks may have.

We'll be leaving here to head on up in a few days and our plans call for us to be in NH from approx. August 5th until the 10th. So, any response I could get to my question fairly soon would be great.

In the meantime, all the best and if you like smallies on the long rod, c'mon down. I can't put you onto the sort of trout fishing you have, but I couuld direct you to some fine river smallmouth fishing.

Thanks Again,

Bob
Edinboro, PA