August 19, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Off Topic

Old 03-07-2008, 04:30 PM

Something to think about. If you own a second home in the State of NH, you can register your vehicle here, however that could put you at odds with both NH and NY laws. The State of NH and MA worked together last year in order to collect MA taxes from those who have done this type of registering. Also something to think about in NH. Most car dealer price their vehicles differectly depending on what the marcket can handle for that area. For example, I live in the Manchester NH area and when we bought own last vehicle, we ending up paying almost $1,500 less because we when to a dealer north of Twin MT. Good Luck and if you are going to buy in NH really shop around.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownfly View Post
michaeledward:

I hear ya when $150 is at stake. From my recent outing for a minivan in October, I paid literally $1800 less than I would have if I signed the papers just one week earlier from the exact same dealer. That's a lot of money in this household.

Just my experience.
This begs the question ... Why?

Did you negotiate an 1800 dollar better deal? If you negotiated 1800 dollars better on Thursday, what prevented you from negotiating that well on Tuesday?

If it wasn't your negotiating skills ... would that 1800 dollars have been available from other dealers earlier, and not later, or vice versa?

I personally think your argument sounds like my wife ... she comes home from shopping trips with bags worth of goods; and tells me she saved hundreds? ... I can't help but wonder how much she spent in order to save.

And something about that, just doesn't add up.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Remember cars are just an opinion
Cars are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them.
How do you know you couldn't get a better deal that 1800?
I would always reccomend getting a second or even third opioin. It could save you thousands. Of coarse I always pay the most for them its called buying business and its tough out there now.
However if a dealer has got a fine used product he will always get the money for it. For the normal everyday person, in my opinion should look for a nice used car or truck.
The dealer could have bought or traded a car real cheap, and if its nice and business is slow he may be willing to negotiate a better deal, or pay you more than your car is worth just to put a deal together.
Remember too that there are only three ways dealers make money, the price, trade and financing.