September 18, 2018

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2018, 07:24 PM

Default Dead site?

I thought there would be much more posting going on in here. Is there another fly fishing board that most use, or has everyone gone to FaceBook?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Yeah... the hey days of this sight have waned. There is still some good content shared... unfortunately there is also a bunch of hacking activity. Keep an eye on it, occassionally some good discussions pop.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:18 PM

"All" forums of this type are declining rapidly, if not dead already. Google "on-line forums declining," and you'll see all the written evidence and discussion.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeast Brookie View Post
"All" forums of this type are declining rapidly, if not dead already. Google "on-line forums declining," and you'll see all the written evidence and discussion.
I don't doubt it. I guess FB makes it easier. Kind of like a one stop shop. You can see families in melt down, friends "defiending" one another about politics, watch the man married to one woman hitting on another mans wife, all the fake "happy relationships" as well as talk fishing and hunting. All just by one app on a phone. LOL
Old 09-10-2018, 08:39 PM

Damn shame about this site, it used to be quite the happening place. Just a bunch of spam now really. There are still some good reports from time to time. The Maine fly fish board still has some life to it with quite a few of the same faces - I always post a duplicate report there.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfish_tfo View Post
Damn shame about this site, it used to be quite the happening place. Just a bunch of spam now really. There are still some good reports from time to time. The Maine fly fish board still has some life to it with quite a few of the same faces - I always post a duplicate report there.
I'm headed for the Burg Friday afternoon, I'll give you a report on Sunday or Monday evening for old time sake.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:17 PM

I'd head over to maineflyfish.com and check it out. Very active, sometimes a dozen or more topics started every day. Lots of great off season bantor, good folks and they like fishing reports from wherever. Plus the people that run the site are active with the community. Very laid back...my new haunt when I get the itch to right up something.

Personally...I've just been spending most of my time with Instagram now. Met so many people through there, its great. Plus....its all about pictures...and I love good pictures!

I don't do facebook...too much hate

https://www.instagram.com/swamptroutnh
Old 09-13-2018, 02:51 PM

It's too bad really - a lot of the "old timers" (Otter, Flyfish99, Bull Moose) have passed on to the big fishing hole in the sky, others who used to be quite active (Briezy, jmcg, browntrout) have gone silent. From my side, I am without a personal computer and the ability to process pictures at the moment, which has put a kabash on reports of recent fishing activity. A search through the archives (some of Otter's posts for example) will turn up some real gems including historical photos etc. The FF Maine site is good, though I have tried to sign up multiple times and for some reason have been unable to join. Some of the other boards i.e. Northeast (NJ) Flyfishing that up until recently were quite active have also fallen silent, probably only a matter of time for the Maine site.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:31 PM

And before them... Kype, fessiwig, bugchucka, rusty msutad... I learned an awful lot from this place.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:57 PM

A change of career has really cut into my fishing although this year I've been able to get out a lot more. Funny thing, I don't take as many pictures as I used to. If all of us just post one report this fall this site would the busiest it's been in years.