June 17, 2019

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2019, 04:18 PM

Default 2019 fishing plans

Everyone sick of the books being written on the Stone River saga? I'm sure Dan and Nate will land on their feet and I will support them if they stay in the fly fishing business. That being said what do people have planned for the upcoming season? Like last year I plan on checking off more of the hike in ponds. As usual didn't hit as many as planned last year. Also doing a week long trip up to the Baxter area. Getting cabin fever and need to see some activity here. Been living vicariously through the Maine site.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:48 PM

Another year of guiding for CFR which is always a highlight... some long bike rides behind gates early in the year, and cracking the code on the stripers near our newish camp in Maine. Most of all of these will be with kids in tow... so fun will be the name of the game.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:36 PM

I plan on hitting more of the remote ponds. I purchased a lightweight backpackable float tube late last season and never got a chance to use it. I'm really looking forward to that. Other then that it'll be the same old; ponds in the spring/fall, mountain streams in the summer.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:14 AM

Pretty much the usual, nothing big planned. I'll try and make it up to P'burg a couple of times, maybe a trip on up to hit the Andro. I'd like to do more small stream fishing then I did last year.

I'll get in plenty of bass fishing when the summer rolls around.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:59 PM

I bought a raft in early 2018.. and only got to use it for one trip in June (Andro and CT). I really want to get out more on it. I did hire a guide for a float on the CT that has the same raft as me... but i'm not counting that. already penciled in a weekend to the deerfield in April and hoping to do some more exploring with it this summer up north.

I also am going to refine my euro nymphing techniques. previously I used the czech nymphing style nymphs, but want to start using other types and styles (like perdigons and really long leaders). going to be getting a 10'6" 3wt specifically designed for this type of fishing.