June 16, 2019

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 02:38 PM

Default Errol area this weekend?

Anyone heading up?

I'll be up Wed-Sun fishing the Andro and Mag. Bringing the tube, too, if I decide to hit a pond (maybe Munn??).
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"
Old 06-11-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H. View Post
Anyone heading up?

I'll be up Wed-Sun fishing the Andro and Mag. Bringing the tube, too, if I decide to hit a pond (maybe Munn??).
The wife and I are gonna be in Pittsburg fishing the outer ponds. Might swing through Errol on our way home and fish a pond.

I have a friend who works for the dam bureau and he told me the other day that they are currently removing the dam at Munn.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:55 AM

Up here now. Things seem in full swing. Good hatch on a hike in pond mid morning in the bright sun yesterday. Picked up a dozen or so fish on another one in the pm. They're beginning to work on the dam at Munn. Hasn't affected water levels yet. Looks like they've just prepped the way in a bit. Gonna do the Rapid tomorrow Not sure what this rain is going to do to the flows. Fishing two maybe three ponds today. PM me if you want to compare notes.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the replies.

Fishdude, sent you a PM.
It is a plain fact, however, that downstream fishing with a non-imitative fly (lure, in the British sense) does not mix comfortably with upstream imitative fishing...I'll stay out of the argument about whether this technique is really fly fishing. In terms of interest, it is for me ahead of most downstream fishing and spinning. And I've already opined that spinning is better than staying at home with the television set.

Datus Proper, "What The Trout Said"