October 19, 2019

Go Back   FlyFishingInNH.com Forum > General > Gear Discussion

Old 08-28-2019, 06:22 PM

Default Full sink Lines

I've posted a few opinions in another thread about lines I've tried this summer. My Rio lake line was awful. After calling them and telling a rep how I felt about their changed line, he informed me they have rectified the situation.

After receiving the new replacement (Rio Fathum 7) I have nothing but good things to say about it. Rio went back to the mono core which stiffened the line up like the pre 2014 Lake line was. I had very few tangles in the stripping basket of my float tube. The ones I did have were my own fault as I didn't reel my line in on a slot fish I caught. When he was in the net, sitting on top of my line in my stripping basket he caused a roll in the line. I know better...... That's on me.

Just wanted to let everyone know Rio has fixed the problem and in my opinion back to being the top of full sink lines. It casts better than the original as the coating seems to be a little more "slick" One false cast and my Sage TCX was able to toss 2/3 of the spool.

I'm beyond excited to close the season out with this line without all the knot untangling I've been dealing with all season.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the additional information to the topic.